Atkins Research Global’s commitment to keep you safe during COVID-19
Here is how we are working to keep you safe, and a preview of what you can expect when you return to our offices now that we are open for business.
Thank you for your support during this challenging time, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
P.S. Please feel free to contact us with any specific questions. Your safety is our priority.
To reduce risks of possible airborne transmission:In addition, to reduce COVID-19 risks generally, the following polices are in effect:
- Mandatory wearing of masks or face coverings. Everyone who comes into the office, whether a respondent, client, or staff, will be required to wear masks or face coverings at all times within the facility.
- HEPA air filters installed in every interview room. This will reduce the possibility of airborne transmission.
- Physical distancing of six feet will be mandatory at all times. Our waiting rooms and interview rooms have been reconfigured to ensure a minimum of six feet of physical distance between persons, and no more than 10 people will be allowed into any room at a given time.
- Handwashing and sanitizing upon entry. Anyone coming into the facility will be required to sanitize their hands upon entry to the facility at our provided station.
- Hand soap and sanitizer will be provided in all rooms throughout the facility. We encourage liberal use of these products in order to keep as healthy an environment as possible.
- Interview rooms and waiting rooms will be sanitized after every group. This includes sanitizing rooms after each session in addition to enhanced cleaning by a professional janitorial service every night.
- Frequently touched surfaces will be sanitized regularly. Door knobs, handles, and other surfaces likely to be touched by multiple people will be sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at reception. These barriers will provide additional protection for guests and staff and help maintain social distancing.
- Staff will wear face shields. This will offer two-way protection for both staff and guests.
- Employees have been trained in proper sanitation procedures. We are fully compliant with the standards of the City of Los Angeles’ office opening criteria, which can be viewed here.
- Temperature checks. Everyone entering the facility, including staff, will be required to undergo an infrared temperature check before being allowed to enter, and no one with a temperature over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be admitted.
- Health screenings. Anyone who has experienced any possible symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days will not be allowed into the facility.
- We will maintain contact tracing logs. In order to assist public health officials with any possible contingencies, Atkins Research Global will maintain entry and exit logs for each individual in the facility in order to assist with contact tracing procedures.
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver. Even though we are take every reasonable precaution, all guests must agree not to hold Atkins Research Global liable in the case of possible transmission.
WHAT CLIENTS CAN EXPECT:
Even with all of these precautions, Atkins Research Global continues to recommend the following to further secure the safety of clients and respondents.
- We strongly encourage the use of videostreaming. Public health guidelines require limiting in-person office visits to those that are absolutely mandatory. Please use these options and only travel to the facility in person if it is essential to the research process. We will be happy to work with you on costs for videostreaming in order to minimize in-person visits. Atkins Research Global can provide project management for online groups, manage your recruit and provide concierge services to confirm respondents and ensure your research runs smoothly.
- We strongly encourage the use of local moderators. Atkins Research Global has a roster of highly experienced local moderators with a variety of cultural and linguistic competences. We will be happy to provide references in order to allow you to conduct high-quality research while minimizing the need for cross-country travel during a multi-city project.
- Catering will be provided in individual containers. In order to comply with health regulations, meals can only be provided in individual take-out style containers with disposable utensil.
- Viewing rooms will have limited capacity. In order to comply with social distancing, physical distancing will be required in viewing room spaces, and viewing rooms will only be permitted to be filled to maximum 50% capacity. If you have questions about how many people can safely occupy any single room, please ask.
- Moderators will have a provided plexiglass sneeze guard during focus groups. This will help offer moderators a further level of protection when conducting sessions.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS CAN EXPECT
- We are now screening for possible exposure to COVID-19 as a qualification. Anyone who has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or anyone who has come into contact with a person who may have contracted COVID-19, will not be allowed to participate. We will rescreen for these same criteria in person at the facility.
- Food and beverages will be available only in individually wrapped containers.
- Cash will be discontinued in favor of checks. This will reduce the possibility for surface transmission, and reduce the need for staff to make trips outside the facility.
We understand that these steps may create some inconvenience, but we believe in creating as safe an environment for everyone as possible.